India, the name itself makes me proud. Not just me but the world is aware of her potential and the gifts it has given to the world. Being one of the favourite country ruled by British, India has many things in its history, and one amongst them was getting independent from the torturous colonial British raj. Post independence, we created a record on 26th January 1950, by enforcing the longest written constitution in the world – The Indian Republic Day!
It’s not the only reason we celebrate today, Pre-Indian Independence, 26th January was considered as the date to declare the Independence which was postponed due to certain reasons. Britisher’s Government of India Act 1935 was discontinued and replaced by Indian Constitution. In these 66 years, India has hundreds of proud moments to its credit.
Here are some of the best 26 things every Indian should be proud of:
- India is the only example for the Unity in Diversity thing.
- Sanskrit is the mother of all higher languages. It is the most suitable language for computers.
- Today, India may be considered a developing nation with poverty as the main problem, but in 17th century, India was the wealthiest country in the world, which attracted several invaders.
- India is the origin of Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus.
- Also a motherland of major religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and Jainism.
- We have approx. 1000 movies Made in India, every year.
- Most proud thing, India has never invaded any country in 10,000 years.
- India is the world’s largest, oldest and still existing civilization.
Image Source: www.asianscientist.com
9. India has the second largest pool of Scientists and Engineers in the world. NASA itself has 36% Indian scientists.
10. We have ISRO to be proud of, for making France, UK rely on us for their satellite launches. Getting India’s own GPS is underway.
11. BCCI, the apex governing body of Cricket is the richest body in the world Cricket.
12. Until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds.
13. We are the only country exporting softwares to almost 90 countries.
14. India has the largest number of Post Offices in the world.
Image Source: circlekabaddi.com
15. The National Kabaddi Team of India has won all the World Cups.
16. Apart from US and Japan, India is the only country to build its own Supercomputers.
17. Chess is given to the world, by India.
Image Source: aprilmaynjune.weebly.com
18. We are in the top 10 countries having the world’s most beautiful women.
19. India has Milkha Singh, Sania Mirza, Sachin Tendulkar, Khali, Vishwanathan Anand, Bhaichung Bhutia, Mary Kom and many more to be proud of. Not to forget Legendary Dhyan Chand.
20. World’s first university was Takshila in 700 B.C, Students from all around the world studied more than 60 subjects.
21. India contributes the world largest troops for UN Peace missions.
22. Indian Army is the world’s second largest army in terms of military personnel and third largest in terms of active manpower.
23. Nearly 49% of the high-tech startups in silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. are owned by Indians.
24. India is the largest country to export spices, almost 75 of 109 varieties comes from the country.
Image Source: picturesindia.com
25. The golden temple at Amritsar provides food for more than 1,00,000 people everyday for free.
26. Overall, every exceptional that is, makes us a proud Indian.
Wow, I love India! These reasons and I know plenty more out there stand true to the word Incredible, that has prefixed to India! How many of you have something new to add up here?
Happy Republic Day!