If there is someone whose name can be mentioned naturally in the same breath as the playback singer of India, it is Sunidhi Chauhan. She is one of the most sought-after singers in Bollywood today. Today, the woman with the melodious voice of turns 31. On the occasion of this talented beauty’s birthday, let us know some more about her.
- Sunidhi began to sing at the age of 4 and has then never looked back.
- At the age of 8, she became lead singer in music director Kalyanji ‘bhai’s Little Wonders troupe.
- Her first song was ‘Ruki Ruki Thi Zindagi’ from movie ‘Mast’ at the age of 16 and she lent her voice to over 350 songs by the time she turned nineteen.
- She has sung over 2000 songs in her career as professional singer.
- She won the R.D. Burman award for the most promising newcomer at the Filmfare Awards 2001.
- Sunidhi sang the English song ‘Reach Out’ at the opening ceremony of the 2006 Asian Games at Doha, Qatar.
- In Feb 2007, as part of marketing campaign and launch of Windows Vista in India, Microsoft hired Sunidhi Chauhan to sing the Windows Vista Song titled ‘Wow is Now’.
- She is the first Indian female singer for an international collaboration with the pop star Enrique for Hindi version of song ‘Heartbeat’.
- She can sing in various languages like Hindi, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, Odiya, Tamil & Telugu.
- She is quite often hailed as the true successor of the musical living legend, Lata Mangeshkar.