We all have been facing this major global pandemic which is covid-19 and in order to protect ourselves and our society its important to stay at home and follow social distancing. We all have been locked down for more than 21 day now. We all also have been working from home. In a situation like this, our daily eating and sleeping habits are likely to get disturbed. When it comes to sleeping, our body follows a specific pattern which is called as body clock. Ones it gets disturbed, it could be a struggle to get back to your Routine pattern. So today in this article I am going to tell you ways avoid getting your sleeping pattern disturbing by following very simple steps.
1. Rise early:- Avoid waking up anytime after 9:00 AM. If you wake up later than that or around afternoon, it throws off your circadian rhythm completely off track and your routine further starts getting disturbed.
2. Move your body:- Since we are all quarantined, there are very limited exercise options, but all are very easy and effective ones. So do about 100 skipping on a skipping rope or about 25-40 suryanamaskar (sun salutation). Exercising increases happy hormones like endorphins which keeps your stress levels low thus helping you sleep well at night.
3. Eat healthy and clean:- Most of your body’s hormones are formed and released in the gut. Your gut is your second brain. So when you eat unhealthy foods which cause gut toxicity or gut inflammation, your mind is also anxious and stressed. So its always best to eat healthy and clean to keep your mind calm and peaceful which is the main factor for a good quality sleep.
4. Avoid heavy meals, alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine in the evening:- All of these can disrupt sleep and heavy meals, very spicy meals, alcohol can cause gastric discom
5. Have you dinner or last meal before 7:30 PM:- In olden days, used to have their first meal at sunrise and last meal before sunset. They were very fit. And the all the Lifestyle and mental disorders that we face today didn’t exist then. The credit goes to their meal timings to a greater extent. When you have an early dinner, the process of digestion is over before you fall asleep. This ensures that the blood supply is uniformly distributed to your brain and overall body (whereas when you have late dinner and immediately fall off to sleep, the blood supply is mainly focused to the gut for the process of digestion. Thus resulting in incomplete and disturbed sleep). So make sure you eat before 7:30 PM and you’ll be able sleep well by 10:00 pm.
6. Avoid using phone 2 hours before sleeping:- Using your phone constantly and checking your message updates, social media updates or watching late night movies keeps your brain awake and causes a lot of anxiety and affects your sleep pattern.