The wedding season is just around the corner. And most brides to-be must be busy with last minute preparations to their big day. So, have you zeroed in on your bridal look? If you haven’t already, Makeup Artist Shweta Sachani has got some bridal tips you need to look your best on your wedding day. And yes.. the look has to be worth ‘a million dollars’! Your wedding day makeup should reflect your personality, enhance your features, feel weightless and comfortable and last all day long. Instead of following the crowd, educate yourself and carefully research the bridal trends this season.
Preparing your Skin
For a glowing skin – – Drink lots of water. Make time for yourself and indulge in the treatments from two months or at least six weeks before the wedding day. But remember that overdoing the treatments may lead to damage.
Protect your skin from sun – This is a definite Must especially because you will be going out a lot for your wedding shopping, Never go out without a sunscreen and reapply after 2 or 3 hours to keep the skin damage free.
Get enough sleep – Sleep for at least 7 hours each day to keep those under eye circles out.
For Acne – If you have an oily skin which tends to be attacked by acne and pimples look for a face cleanser with salicylic acid. It removes oil and keeps skin oil free for hours.
Use Waterproof makeup: Especially waterproof mascara that will make sure your beautiful eye makeup doesn’t smudge. Avoid using creamy products; instead opt for powder blushes and mineral foundation.
Avoid Bold colors: Natural makeup is classic. Opt for sheer foundation, soft eye makeup and soft pink lips.
Choose the right lipstick – Choose a long wearing lipstick for the D day. You don’t want to apply it every hour.
Fake eye lashes – Use only if you are comfortable wearing them. If your eyelids are heavy, your eyes may frequently water during the ceremony
Touch up your makeup – Keep a compact and blotting paper handy as you can touch up your makeup
Image Source: Shweta Sachani
Bridal Trends – 2015
This bridal season is going to be a lot of glitters and arabic eye makeup. Here I have given my bride a beautiful makeup for her Roka ceremony. I have used all professional products from her base to her eyes and lips. These products are high definition and will give her a long lasting makeup.
- First it is very important to clear the face with a cleanser or makeup remover.
- Use of primer on the face and eyes is essential because this will give her a flawless long lasting look.
- Contouring is done on the cheeks to make her face look slimmer and cheeks more chiseled.
- Bridal is all about bold colors, Go pinks and reds or corals if you have an olive skin tone
- For eyes I have used a combination of pink and blue matching the colors on her lehenga. I have used a lot of glitter that will brighten up her eyes and will make her eyes look bigger.
- A waterproof mascara is very important to complete her eyes.
- I don’t mind using some fake eyelashes to make her eyes look fuller and heavier.
- It is very important to balance the look – If I have done heavier eyes I usually go lighter on the lips so I have used a lighter pink to complete her entire look.
- In the end I used a Makeup fixer spray to make her makeup last longer.
Image Source: www.shahstyle.com