Monsoon is the time when your skin becomes sensitive, oily & dull due to high humidity rate. This is the time when one should indulge in regular and proper skin care treatments to retain the glow & smoothness of your skin.
Monsoon brings humidity and it’s bad news for Oily Skin. The skin type is mainly the result of genetically determined hormonal changes. To treat oily skin one needs to remove excess oil by cleansing it twice or thrice a day, but not more than that.
Well known Cosmetologist & Wellness Expert, Ms. Preeti Seth, tells us a few tips that you should follow to get a fresh &beautiful skin:
Oily Skin Type
Small changes in the way can make you take care of your skin and will bring about a slow and gradual change in the way it feels and looks. Follow these easy tips to keep your skin in good condition:
- Wash your face almost 3-4 times a day to get rid of the excess oil from your face. Do not overdo it as too much of washing leads to dryness.
- Try using hot water to wash your face instead of cold or lukewarm water. This will help in dissolving the oil on the skin in a better way thereby leaving it supple and soft.
- Use facial scrubs regularly as it will help in unclogging your pores and also exfoliate your skin by removing the dead cell layers from it.
- Use home remedies such as pack made of chick -pea flour (also known as besan) and milk, lemon and honey etc. that rejuvenates your skin and leaves it looking fresh and glowing.
- Don’t take hot showers. Steamy hot showers feel great during the cold, rainy days but hot water can damage facial skin. If you are prone to redness, the heat can weaken capillaries, making redness worse. So, use tepid water to prevent skin damage.
- Don’t rush your cleansing routine. The new trend of cleansing in a hurry with packet wipes is a complete no-no. Inadequate cleansing can lead to bacteria build-up and skin breakouts.
- Do have wholesome meals. Sticking to a strict low-fat diet can age and dull, oily skin. Good fats are crucial for its health, repair, retaining moisture and flexibility. Snacks containing protein — especially nuts and seeds because they contain skin-friendly oils — are the best option when cravings strike.