Monsoon is the time when your skin becomes sensitive, oily & dull due to high humidity rate. This is the time when one should indulge in regular and proper skin care treatments to retain the glow & smoothness of your skin. It’s always advisable to apply any product on a YOUR SKIN approved by an expert. Well-known Cosmetologist & Wellness Expert, Ms.Preeti Seth, shares few easy tips that you should follow to get a fresh &beautiful skin:
Image Source: kickassbeautylicious.blogspot.com
For Dry Skin Type:
Undoubtedly, dryness is a result of lack of vitamins that helps in repairing dry and damaged skin. It also means that the skin isn’t properly hydrated as a result of which it looks and feel dry. And to top it all, the condition becomes worse during the monsoon.
Tips: Drink lot of water and moisturize your skin frequently. Also, you can add rose water and glycerine to clean your face which makes your skin healthy.
Image Source: youqueen.com
Oily Skin Type:
Small changes in the way can make you take care of your skin and will bring about a slow and gradual change in the way it feels and looks.
Tips: Follow these easy tips to keep your skin in good condition during monsoon.
- Wash your face almost 3-4 times a day to get rid of the excess oil from your face. Do not overdo it as too much of washing leads to dryness.
- Try using hot water to wash your face instead of cold or lukewarm water. This will help in dissolving the oil on the skin in a better way thereby leaving it supple and soft.
- Use facial scrubs regularly as it will help in unclogging your pores and also exfoliate your skin by removing the dead cell layers from it.
- Use home remedies such as pack made of chick -pea flour (also known as besan) and milk, lemon and honey etc. that rejuvenates your skin and leaves it looking fresh and glowing.
Image Source: westrii.com
Combination Skin Type:
This type of skin is characterized with the T-portion as oily and the cheeks are usually normal or dry in condition. Since it combines both the oily and dry skin it should be treated as if it were two different types of skin.
Tips: The dry area requires gentle cleansing and regular moisturizing. The oily part needs to be deeply cleansed and toned with regular scrubbing.
- Wash your face a 2-3 times daily with a anti-bacterial face wash.
- Just dab dry the face and don’t rub it with a towel. This will make the skin look rough and dry.
- Moisturize the skin regularly.
- Scrub your face twice a week.
Image Source: makeupandbeauty.com