With so many products available in the market today, it’s pretty confusing to decide on products good for your skin-type. The right skin care routine will augment the health of your skin, keep your pores unclogged, bring up a natural glow to your face and keep acne or pore-bumps at bay. Below is a basic step-wise guideline to maintain and enhance the beauty of your skin:
- Skin Type: The first step in making your own skin care routine is to identify your skin-type. Your skin-type varies with the amount of sebum secreted by your skin, by which it can be categorized as: Dry skin – constant dry skin which needs external moisture to keep it supple, Oily skin – excess secretion of sebum on the face which if not regularly cleansed gives rise to clogged pores and acne; and Combination skin – wherein the T-zone of the face is oily and cheeks remain dry.
- Pick the right products: Always read what’s on the label. If you can relate with the information written on it, know that the ingredients mentioned on it are safe to use, pick it up. When in doubt, pause, read about the product and its ingredients and then buy. Today we have a lot of beauty bloggers reviewing products and immense information available online. Do your bit of research about the product and its ingredients and then make that purchase.
- Skin Care: No matter what your skin-type, your skin needs to be properly cleaned, thoroughly moisturized and appropriately repaired.
Image Source: beautifullookingskincare.com
Almost like a mandate, you need to wash your face in the morning and before going to bed. Each time you return home from outdoors, you need to wash your face thoroughly to cleanse it off the sweat and pollutants. Use a mild face wash which cleanses your skin well, but doesn’t extract the moisture on your skin making it look dry and pale.
It’s important to exfoliate your skin regularly for at least about 2 times a week. Use natural, gentle exfoliants than harsh granules and chemicals to peel off your skin. Almond powder, ground oats, sugar, rice husks, neem powder, sandalwood, rice powder, salt, cinnamon, seed powders etc make excellent natural, mild exfoliants. Make your own blend by mixing these base scrubs with milk, water, honey, yogurt, oils or any, which suit your skin the best.
Image Source: www.mimakeup.com.ar
Dry skin usually need products rich in moisture and slightly heavy on natural oils and butters, which help them replenish the suppleness of their skin.
Oily skin needs to be moisturized too, but would need products which are water-based, non-irritants and mild.
Natural oils do a great job of moisturizing your skin perfectly. Oils like sweet almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil are power-packed with such beautiful ingredients which blend with the elements present in sebum secreted by our skin and are absorbed easily. If used rightly, you can be assured of using the right products which are not only natural in their purest forms, but are also completely devoid of harmful chemicals which in turn will aggravate your skin-issues.
Image Source: makeupandbeauty.com
Maintaining youthful skin is a desire we all have. We constantly strive towards it. The only trick is to find a way to do it right, and pursue! Once you have understood your skin-type and factors affecting it, you will be able to sort your main issues.
If you have acne and inflammation, use products that unclog, soothe and moisturize just right. An SPF lotion(water-based) is a must.
If you have open pores, use products to firm your skin and tighten pores. Also make sure to use products with anti-microbial properties to keep bacteria at bay since chances of open pores getting clogged are higher.
If you have wrinkles, use products which are rich in Vit.A, Vit.C, Vit.E, have anti-ageing properties and are rich in anti-oxidants. Make sure to thoroughly moisturize your skin since dry skin can have visible wrinkles sooner than oily skin.
No matter what your skin-type, using Sunscreen regularly is a must.
Beautiful, spotless, glowing skin is not a quick fix but a way of life.
“Your skin is a reflection of your body state inside”. Listen to what it’s trying to tell you.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink about 10-12 glasses of water a day.
- Have two servings of fresh raw fruits and vegetables a day.
- Avoid chocolates, heavy fats, junk food and excess sugars.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day and sweat it out.
- De-stress by involving yourself in an activity/hobby of your choice and practice every day.
Above all, love, care and share to the fullest! The happiness you feel inside will reflect on the outside J
Stay happy …stay Beautiful!