A movie we all watched, enjoyed and loved! Ki and Ka, with its unique storyline won all our hearts! But, not to forget those delicious cuisines and platters made by our darling Ka!! Although on-screen, all the platters were made by our Ka, aka. Arjun Kapoor, the real hand behind those mouth-watering dishes was our own expert chef, Nitin Tandon! The Real Ka and his cooking expertise that made our mouth water throughout the film, now shares his experience from the film and a delicious recipe for all our readers. Here is what Chef and Food stylist Nitin has to share:
“It was a fun experience to be a part of the latest Bollywood film Ki and Ka, and creating all the food dishes showcased in the movie is a journey to be cherished. Watching the movie together with the team and looking at the delicious results and our name in the credits was worth the hard work that Nitin Tandon Food Styling Company put into.
Cooking is an art. It doesn’t matter, if a man chooses to adopt this piece of skill or a woman; even if it means cooking at home for your loved ones. There’s no harm in making your family members happy by creating and serving them appetizing dishes on a daily basis. It’s equally worthy of earning money for the household.
I’m sharing one of the dishes we made for the actors, Kareena Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor for one of their first meets in a restaurant.” So, here goes:
Recipe – Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves – 4
1. Spaghetti : 500gm
2. Extra virgin olive oil : ½ cup
3. Garlic cloves, medium-sized : 4-5
4. Parsley, fresh and finely chopped : Handful
5. Black Pepper : Freshly ground
6. Red chilies OR Red Pepper flakes : 2 or Little, respectively
7. Salt to taste
- Boil water in a large pot and add salt to it; cook spaghetti al dente
- Meanwhile, heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add minced garlic. Sauté until the garlic releases its flavour
- Add red chillies or red pepper flakes and sauté well
- Add spaghetti to the garlic sauce and toss. Add salt to taste
- Sprinkle fresh parsley and freshly ground black pepper
- Serve hot.