Don't you have an Account with Us ? than sign up now using any of the way...
- 1 & 1/2 Cup
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp
- A pinch
- 1 & 1/4 Cup
- Few strands
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tsp
- A pinch
Method of Preparation
- Take a large bowl and add besan, rava, orange food colour and baking soda. Now, add water and make it a smooth batter like dosa and avoid lumps.
- Mix sugar and 1 & 1/2 cup of water in a pan and boil it till sugar gets dissolved. Keep stirring.
- Boil it till it reaches one string consistency i.e. When you take sugar syrup in your tumb finger & index finger it should for one string.
- Add orange food color a bit to the mixture along with a pinch of cardomom poweder and mixt it.
- Heat the oil in a large pan for deep frying. You need two perforated ladle for making boondi. Pour the besan & rava batter to the ladle keeping it above the oil & let the boondis fall into oil.
- Fry them till they are soft, do not make them crispy. Repeat this for rest of the batter.
- Now, again heat the sugar syrup for few seconds then turn off the gas. Add the boondies in it and mix well.
- Take a mixer grinder and tranfer the boondis in it. Stir well.
- Add 2 tbsp of hot water in it and pulse them.
- Sprinkle the rose water & sliced almonds in the mixture.
- Now, start making small round balls and serve it.
Image source: Floristchennai.com
- 20 mins
- 45 mins