Don't you have an Account with Us ? than sign up now using any of the way...
- 3/4 cup
- 5 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup
- 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon
Method of Preparation
- Cut a thin round of the sponge cake. Keep aside.
- Cut the remaining sponge cake into 12 mm. X 50 mm. (1/2" x 2") long fingers.
- Arrange the cake fingers on a baking tray and toast in a pre-heated oven at 160°c (320°f) for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool. In a pan, heat the port wine with the sugar over gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved. Allow it to cool.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Keep refrigerated.
- Whisk the cream cheese and wine mixture together. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Keep aside.
- Arrange the cake round on the base of a 200 mm. (8") diameter serving dish. Soak generously with the coffee soaking syrup.
- Top with half of the cream cheese mixture. Freeze for 30 minutes until it has set.
- Dip each piece of toasted cake finger in the coffee soaking syrup for 10 seconds.
- Arrange the soaked cake fingers over the first layer of cream cheese. Top with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Freeze for 4 to 6 hours until set.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder on top. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
- 25 mins
- 2 hours