Sleeping and dozing off under your warm blankets after a proper meal and a great day, is all one needs for a happy life. But, apart from closing our eyes and simply dozing off is not the only fact about sleeping. There are many things that we are unaware of, about sleeping. Here are some of the interesting facts about sleep. Read and feel informed about our most loved activity.
- Dozing happens in phases
A complete phase requires an hour and a half or about two. It happens in 4 sections. It begins with closing the eyes to “the rapid eye movement (REM)”. In general, a person gets up for a few moments after every phase.
- Body temperature falls in the (REM) dreaming section
At this phase your body tends to be chill. It remains so for a few minutes. So, this transformation is permissible according to a psychology expert from “the Frankfurt University”.
- Your “REM” nap is short, if you are at discomfort
This phase is bypassed or is not enough for the temperature to fall. This nap session is deep slumber.
- The nap is hindered by a few drugs
Few anti allergic, drugs suggested for depression and other ailments hinder your sleep or cause hallucinations.
- The dreamy nap is affected by alcoholic drinks
The nap after a drink is less and strained. You may remember your fantasies because of the frequent waking periods.
- A fetus consumes most hours sleeping in “REM”
Sleeping in the “REM” state is essential for the growth of intelligence. But because a baby has no memory to draw from, it is in a dreamless slumber. A baby uses up fifty percent of its time sleeping and this reduces with time.
- Aqua Species like “dolphins” do not enter this phase
Perhaps the water affects animals like “whales and dolphins”. So, some marine animals do not enter this section.
There are many more to it like:
- Humans alone have a control over sleeping
- Regular workouts help in snoozing easy
- Irregular workouts or workouts done before sleeping prevent us from falling asleep easily