Going to a wedding? Know a couple who has recently got married? Then our brief guide to wedding wishes is exactly what you need!
Here are a couple of tips to make your wedding card message sweet and simple!
1. First of all, the phrasing of your wedding sentiments depends on your relationship with the happy couple. If you are not very close with the bride and groom, it is best to stick to traditional formal wedding wishes. A simple sentence like `May God bless the two of you on your journey! ` would be most appropriate.
2. Bible quotes make perfect wedding greetings – especially if you are invited to a typical white wedding. There are numerous Bible quotes that will fit the occasion,full of love and wisdom. Some of the most popular ones are ‘Do everything in love.’ (Corinthians 16:14) and ‘Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.’(Romans 12:10).
3. Another no-fail option is traditional sayings and wishes. It comes as no surprise that most wedding wishes have common themes: wishing the couple to remain happy, and as one as long as they live. Wedding gift card message celebrates the journey of two becoming and starting a family together. This message has many iterations from around the world, translated into English. Chinese phrase ‘May you forever be of one mind’ shares the same human values as Indian ‘May the bond of your love be strengthened at all times’.
4. If the couple are your close friends or relatives, your well wishes for bride and groom can be more relaxed. The nature of your relationship dictates the type of wedding wish you should send.For closer friends who you’ve shared some ups and downs with, a personal touch is called for. ‘I’m so proud that the two of you have found each other. Have a happy married life.’ You may also reference an inside joke, an adventure you shared, and how you feel a part of this union because you played a role in your friend’s life. A little bit of humor is only appropriate for such a joyous occasion! ‘Two become one: one bed, one remote, one bathroom! Congratulations on your union as life partners!’ ‘You may be married, but you don’t have to grow up! Congratulations on your wedding!’
5. If you are about to gain an immediate family member you definitely need to put a little extra effort into your wedding card signature. After all, your son, daughter, sister, or brother is about to start on a once-in-a-lifetime journey! It is only natural to show your happiness about such an important event for the family.
There are various options for different kinds of close relationships, but the most general wedding wish will simply mention how excited you are. ‘Marriage is more than just the wedding. It is a union enduring, and of more than you and your love, but of your families—and you have made our family stronger.’It is highly possible that you want to keep it simple.
If you are not sure which wedding quote will work best, stick to simple wedding congratulations ‘Wishing you a long and happy marriage!’ , ‘Congratulations on finding your true love.’ and so on.
If you still feel a little bit overwhelmed by the task, remember that the couple will have a lot on their plate that day. It will be impossible to recall each and every word later. If you need inspiration, visit our website for more examples of great wedding wishes!