Don't you have an Account with Us ? than sign up now using any of the way...
Strawberry and Roasted Bell Pepper Soup
- 2 cups
- 1 no. small
- 1/8th tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4th tsp
- A pinch
- 2 nos.
- ½ tsp
- 1/4th tsp
Method of Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 450 ◦F.
- Apply a few drops of olive oil to the pepper.
- Place the whole pepper on a baking sheet pan and place in the oven for 15 minutes, until the skin is completely wrinkled and the pepper is charred, turning it occasionally during the roasting process.
- Remove from the oven and immediately cover it tightly with aluminium foil. Set aside for 10 minutes, or until the peppers cool down completely.
- Remove the stem and cut them in quarters. Remove the peels and seeds. Discard the stems, peels, and seeds.
- Puree the pepper till it is smooth. You may use a little water to puree it. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed non-stick pan. Add bay leaf.
- Add ground ginger sauté for a ½ a minute add strawberries.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cinnamon stick.
- Now add roasted bell pepper puree. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a little water, simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend it till smooth. Pour in a pan and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and herbs. Mix well. Remove from the flame. Cool it down completely.
- Refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
- Serve chilled garnished with sliced strawberries and pumpkin seeds, sprinkled with freshly ground peppercorn.
- You may serve this scrumptious soup at room temperature with the same garnishes.
- Chef Tips:
- You may add a little organic honey.
- You may roast the bell pepper on a gas stove instead of the oven to save time.
- 15 minutes
- 1 hour (Cooking Time: 15 - 20 minutes; Roasting Time: 15 minutes; Chilling Time: 20 minutes)