RO or river osmosis water is a tested and a very much proven method of getting all the best-purified water but there are also some glitches in it. If you have installed the same in your home, office or about to do the deed, then you must look for some information and that you can have from, water purifier companies. They will give you the details on the RO system.
If you are in the search for a safe option for drinking water, then without even thinking twice, you have to go for RO. However, not always this is a great thing to buy the same without even knowing its side effects, or how to avoid the same. Thus, here is the very matter covered, so that you understand the disadvantages of RO water and get the solution for it too.
All Minerals are Gone
The very first thing you need to remember that RO water is capable of washing out all the minerals from the fluid which makes the water useless, at least healthwise. You must know that there are so many bad effects of drinking demineralized water and the way it can affect you. So, this is the primary thing that falls under the disadvantages of RO water. In this case, the reason you have purchased the purifier to have pure water is completed but the nutrition part is avoided. Then again, you must always check for the industrial water filtration systems, and look for a purifier that has a re-mineralizing option.
Reduced pH Level in the Water
The pH level is a thing which can have a severe effect on your health. If the RO purifier has a lower pH level then it should be a matter of headache and you might not want to buy the same. Although, if you opt for any other type then there you will not get the option of purity and there will be an enhanced threat to your health. So sticking to RO is always the best option.
The TDS Level in the Water
The proper TDS level should always be, 200-400 mg/L. This means the absence of minerals in water lowers the level of TDS and this can be harmful to your health. The lower level of minerals in water can cause cardiovascular disease, motor neuronal disease and there are also some types of cancer that can show up. Moreover, the lack of calcium in water can certainly end up in bone diseases, and other health issues as well.
The Harmful Effects of Drinking De-mineralized RO Water for a Long time
This is according to World Health Organization, and a report published in the same in 1980, that de-mineralized water or low-mineral water should never be regarded as ideal and its regular consumption may end up in a deficiency of some important minerals.
The very study says that drinking water that has a lower level of calcium or magnesium may end up in various health consequences such as, high risk of Cardio Vascular Diseases. The research also revealed that drinking water has a low proportion of magnesium may be attached to a higher risk of motor neuronal disease, pregnancy disorders, some types of cancer, and sudden death in infants.
Moreover, in recent studies they suggest that drinking water that has a low value of calcium, it can lead to a higher risk of bone fracture mostly in children, then again, premature birth and low weight at birth and there are some types of cancer, that can show up.
You Must Use RO Water Purifier
This very information might be scary but you have to be brave because RO water purifier is the perfect resolution for pure water. You will always get the best one in the market and it will always help you stay healthy. There are some shortcomings, but all of that can be recovered by so many options and it will be very cost-effective as well.
Re-Mineralize RO Water
If you are using RO water then, you must know that the TDS level in this type of water is below, 50 mg/L or 50 ppm. In this case, you can always add extra mineralizer cartridge just after the UV or post carbon filter, and you have to do it before the water is filled in the storage tank. You can do this task all by yourself, or hire a professional to do the same.
- Mineralizer cartridge is an expert and they add all the essential minerals such as Sodium, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium to the purified water and create the water alkaline by enhancing its certain pH level.
- In this case, you can always purchase special water bottles, these are known as, alkaline water bottles, these not only enhance the pH value of water but also add crucial minerals in a water purifier.
- If you have decided to buy an RO water purifier, then you need to search for the TDS or mineralizer controller features in it. This is very important in the case if the level of TDS in the unfiltered water is under, 900 mg/L or 900 ppm. Thus, it’s vital because most RO purifiers remove up to 90-99% of TDS. Also, there are many brands out there who offer RO purifiers with TDS controller or with a mineralizer cartridge.
- If you are thinking water is the only source of crucial minerals, it’s really the opposite. You will always find its very source in various types of food items. These are rich in the store of calcium and magnesium. You can always include such foods in your everyday diet, which will balance the proportion of minerals in your body. You can add,
- Green leafy vegetables
- figs, avocado, banana, and raspberries
- Nuts and seeds
- peas, broccoli, cabbage, green beans
- Whole grains
- Dark Chocolate
Foods with Calcium such as,
- Whey Protein
RO water purifiers are not there to just give you the access to pure water at budget-friendly manner but it also gives you complete peace of mind that you or your family members would not have to worry about the purity of the water. Also, you should always consider this option, because you and your family’s health depends on it.
Lastly, RO water will always serve you the best way and that too for a long time. The part where minerals and pH level is reduced, you can fill up that with so many other ways and make it proper one for drinking. On the other hand, the wastewater from RO can be used in several household tasks.