Diabetes is a common metabolism-related medical condition that slowly causes internal damage, like cardiovascular issues, nerve damage, high blood pressure, etc. This ailment can be restrictive to a regular, healthy, and carefree life. However, living with this condition takes a few significant lifestyle changes to keep blood sugars in check.
In diabetes, since insulin is secreted in lesser amounts than needed in the body, there is a rise in blood glucose levels that causes damage to the arteries providing blood to the crucial organs. This further increases the risk of stroke, heart disease, vision problems, nerve disorders, and kidney disease.
Low glycemic index diets incorporating fresh vegetables, whole foods, refined goods, and less sugar are crucial for people with diabetes. Such diets balance blood sugar levels, which is necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Diabetic biscuits are also useful as they have a glycemic index of 36.4, which is quite low. They can help pre-diabetics and other health-conscious individuals maintain a healthy and balanced low glycemic index diet.
Benefits of Diabetic Biscuits
These biscuits are filled with proteins and thus offer several health advantages to people with diabetes. Being carefully researched, examined, and manufactured, they do not cause health issues for people with diabetes.
These organic-friendly, healthy crunchies are not just filled with proteins but also minerals, vitamins, and Casein protein. The biscuits help:
- Regulate blood glucose
- Maintain good heart health
- Manage weight
Diabetics can take these munchy delights as a snack regularly and can observe the following benefits:
- Faster recovery from hunger pangs or cravings
- Stronger body
- Long-lasting nourishment
Why Diabetics Should Consider Diabetes-Friendly Biscuits
- Natural Sweetener
Diabetic or sugar-free biscuits are rich in Stevia – a plant-based sweetening agent. Therefore, they can offer the dose of sugar that people with diabetes often crave without causing any health issues.
- Casein Protein Disposes Of Weakness
Casein protein, the leading ingredient in diabetic biscuits, improves immunity and overall health. And an improved immune system means a stronger body with a greater ability to ward off different diseases.
Even the antioxidant content of these biscuits does the same job. Antioxidants are also highly effective in reducing the risk of serious conditions like cancers and heart issues.
- Good Quantity of Important Constituents
Besides protein, diabetic biscuits are also rich in soluble and insoluble fibers. They also contain antioxidants and vitamin B: these ingredients help to decrease different health issues.
The B-vitamins in these biscuits reduce homocysteine levels and are beneficial not just for diabetics but even for people who cannot have protein due to dietary problems.
- Better Digestion
In diabetes, increased blood sugar levels promote digestive issues like diarrhea and constipation. You can also experience an unstable food breakdown in the body, which sugar-free biscuits can stabilize.
These biscuits make people feel full for a long time, allowing them to maintain their diet schedules in an improved manner. Also, since these biscuits are gluten-free, they are favorable for people with diabetes.
Which Are the Right Snacks for Diabetics?
While there is no popular treatment for diabetes, you can easily manage its symptoms through healthy snacking. Including healthy snacks in your diet can be an excellent way to keep energy levels high and blood glucose levels low. Besides biscuits, there are other healthy snacks for diabetics too, such as:
- Nuts: Toss back hazelnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, and cashews for a low-carb, high-fiber snack filled with healthy fats.
- Cheese: The low-fat, high protein varieties like ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, and mozzarella can keep blood sugar levels in check.
- Hummus: The carbs in hummus are absorbed by the body slowly; thus, this food item does not spike blood sugar levels. Along with this, chickpeas in hummus offer a lot of protein and fiber.
- Eggs: Scrambled egg white is a good source of protein.
- Yogurt: Plain, low-fat yogurt is light in its carb content and works great as a pre-workout snack. Mix fresh fruits in yogurt to satiate your sweet tooth.
- Popcorn: Popcorns do not contain carbs, and with a hint of salt, they can serve as great savory crunchies in the afternoon and evening.
- Avocado: Avocado has just 20 grams of carbs and is thus considered the perfect snack when added with cilantro, salsa, and a bit of lime juice.
- Tuna: A half-cup of tuna paired with soda crackers is a delicious snack that will not break your blood sugar bank.
Diabetic biscuits make for the most healthy snacks. Apart from that, you can always choose healthy snacks for diabetics, such as seeds, nuts, wholegrain crackers, diabetes-friendly biscuits, and fruits. Filling up on these food items, along with pulses and beans, can increase satiety, improve digestion, provide the required nutrients to the body and keep blood sugar levels in check.