Everything was going well, and I was ordering those tasty burgers and cheesy pizzas, and devouring them without any second thought. Suddenly one day, my dad passed a sarcasm, and my world changed upside down.
He tasted a bite of my burger and said, “woohoo!! This is something tasty, and I can see it on your body too.” Don’t know what happened to me, and I did not take another bite of that burger.
I got out of my bed and stood upon the weighing scale. My mind was blown when I saw those numbers. Ninety-five had shaken my world, and that is when I realized I need to work upon myself. I started hitting the gym without realizing the importance of nutrition. Since I have always been a big-time foodie, I was net to impossible for me to give up on the tasty food.
But then, an angel came into my life, of course, my dietitian. As I shared my concern with her about how I see dieting as annoying and boiled food, she changed my opinion by making me explore the options of tasty yet healthy food.
Many of us suffer from the same problem and so, here I am sharing my thoughts with you.
In this article, I will share with you two easy to cook recipes which will help you lose those extra kilos without having to sacrifice the needs of your taste buds.
So, let’ roll to these easy and tasty microwave recipes.
Image source: simple-nourished-living
- Two beaten eggs
- 2 tbsp salmon (canned water-packed)
- One chopped scallion
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp shredded jack cheese
Instructions to cook:
- Spray a medium-sized mug with non-stick spray
- Put salmon into the cup
- Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper and pour the same into the mug (over the salmon)
- Top the eggs with scallion and shredded cheese
- Microwave the same for about 2 minutes with 20 seconds increments
And your meal is ready
Image source: camilleskitchen
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup broth
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ½ finely chopped onion
- One finely chopped garlic clove
Instruction to cook:
- Add butter to the cup with chopped onions
- Microwave for about 11 minutes (stir in every 30 seconds)
- Add a pinch of garlic, rice and broth
- Cover the mug with plastic wrap and heat for about 2 minutes
- Remove and stir.
And it is ready to serve.
Well, there are many more delicious recipes. For a start, you may consider trying and cooking these two. So, if you also live in a world where you find it challenging to give up on taste, then it is the right time to get out of that state of dilemma.
Try, cook, and live a healthy life!!