Don't you have an Account with Us ? than sign up now using any of the way...
- 5 cups
- ½ Cup
- 15 gms
- 15 gms
- 1 1/4th Cup
- ¼ th tsp
- 1/2 gm
- 10 gms For Garnishing
- 1 tsp
Method of Preparation
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add milk, bring to a boil
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and simmer over low flame/heat
- Do not stir too often, as a layer of cream should form over it; After the layer is formed, keep pushing it away from the sides towards the centre with the help of a wooden spatula
- Keep stirring the milk below it gently to avoid scorching/burning ; Repeat the process till 1/3 rd of the volume of milk is left
- Make sure you choose a wider vessel to make the rabri. It will help make the milk to thicken faster.
- When done, the color changes to a beige-cream/off white, and the cream that was pushed aside, collects in layers. Add the chopped nuts
- Remove from the flame. Let it cool. Add the Custard Apple Pulp, mix well
- Transfer to a serving dish / clay pots. Refrigerate to chill for at least 2-3 hours
- Serve chilled, garnished with boiled saffron and pistachio nut slivers
1. You may use silver leaf to top this dessert to make it more attractive, but remember to apply it before you garnish the dessert.
2. Make sure that the milk does not burn as, then it is next to impossible to rectify the burnt milk.
3. You may add a few drops of kewra essence or natural screw pine essence / Rose water when the Rabri is done.
- 15 minutes
- 01 to 1 ½ hour ; Refrigeration time: 2 - 3 hours