Don't you have an Account with Us ? than sign up now using any of the way...
Tamar Al Hindi (Sweet Tamarind Drink)
- 125 gm
- 175 gm. / or more if desired
- 1 litre
- 15 ml
- a pinch
- 1 tsp
- 1/4th metre
Method of Preparation
- Soak the Tamarind pulp in 750 ml. of water overnight.
- Mash it properly in the morning add Ginger juice to it. Add sugar, mix well to dissolve.
- Bring it to a boil and then simmer it for 10 minutes. Remove and discard any foam that appears on the top.
- Add a pinch of salt. Mix. Switch off the flame.
- Strain it through a cheese / muslin cloth.
- Cool it down completely.
- Refrigerate it to chill, till 30 minutes.
- You will find that it is very thick. Pour it in a glass jug.
- Add more chilled water i.e. 250 ml to dilute it. Add rose water and mix.
- Add the ice cubes and pour in the serving glasses and serve it chilled.
- Chef Tips:
- You may add rose syrup i.e. 1/4th tbsp., if you want to have a deep red colour for this tongue tantalizing drink.
- You may make it instantly by just soaking the tamarind in water for 2 hours, but I suggest soaking it overnight, to extract maximum flavour from the tamarind.
- You may add a little green cardamom powder, if desired.
- You may skip adding the Ginger juice.
- You may garnish it with fresh mint leaves.
- 8 hours 15 mins (Includes the time of soaking time of Tamarind overnight)
- 10 minutes (Refrigerate for 30 minutes)