Don't you have an Account with Us ? than sign up now using any of the way...
Custard Apple Mousse
- 2 sheets
- 4 tsps
- 200 ml
- 1 cup
- Few Drops
Method of Preparation
- In a bowl break the gelatin sheets into smaller pieces and soak it in water.
- The gelatin will absorb the water and becomes soluble. Make sure there are no lumps else you will have lumps in the mousse.
- Separate 3 egg yolks in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs with some sugar until the sugar dissolves properly. It will take approx 5 minutes.
- Add 200 ml hot milk into the egg and stir slowly.
- Add few drops vanilla essence or angostura bitters to the egg-milk mixture.
- Pour the custard into a saucepan on a medium flame and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the gelatin and cook it for a minute, constantly stirring the custard to avoid lumps.
- Once the custard sticks to the wooden spoon, stop the heat.
- Make sure the custard doesn’t boil at any time.
- Pour it back into a glass bowl. Stir until it is cool.
- Add the custard apple puree to it. (paste of the custard apple pulp or finely chopped pulp)
- Mix the pulp properly and then pour it into a serving glass.
- Allow it to settle for 1 hour and then serve it to your guests.
- 10 min
- 1 hr 15 min