A healthier life is equal to a longer life!! Yes, that’s completely true…..However, in today’s hectic life schedules, who has the time to actually count the number of years that we could probably live ahead in a healthier and fitter way? With busy schedules from morning till night, who actually counts the intake of calories and the output of energy given by the body? Does anyone change their office schedule just to fit in their regular physical activity to stay fit and active throughout the day? DON’T ASK OTHERS, ASK THESE QUESTIONS TO YOURSELVES!!!!
So, to understand this better, I have managed to put down the 5 most important life-saving tips to make you healthier, fitter and stronger, despite your growing age and increasing risks of health diseases:
- Include more of greens, berries and citrus foods – Yes, that’s the major key in order to improve your immune system. That’s because I believe, the root cause of any health disease is low- immunity levels, making your body more susceptible to various health diseases. With the right kind and amount of antioxidants fighting for your body, you should be at a lower risk to attract any disease at an older age.
- Drink enough water- This is where most of us have a laid back attitude! Our laziness is the key to dehydration and its related problems. Water has immense health related properties that we overlook in our daily lives. Not only does it mix our food and helps in digestion, it also removes toxins away from our body, maintains the correct electrolyte balance in the body and also manages the BP and other vital parameters in the body. So, keep a daily target of your water intake and don’t forget to carry that REFRESHING BOTTLE OF WATER with you!
- Optimal Protein intake – We have heard so much about high protein intake and longevity that almost every day, we need to sit back and calculate our daily protein intake throughout the day!! That’s not required anymore. Just, ensure you are having some kind of protein rich source for lunch and dinner in addition to including a minimum of 400-600ml of milk and milk products in the day (this is a rough estimate- portions may vary after apt calculations!) That means, chicken, fish , eggs, red meat( NOT MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK / FORTNIGHT), pulses, legumes, milk, curd, cheese, paneer, tofu OR soya must be part of your daily regime to complete your protein intake.
- Stay Fit- Yes, add years to your life by adding hours of physical activity in your daily routine. I know it sounds a bit difficult, but I am sure it’s not IMPOSSIBLE! Give a minimum of 45-60mins per day in the activity of your choice. Staying physically fit is the key to a healthy heart and healthy mind! It not only gives you physical activeness, but also results in better mental alertness and thus, improved performance!
- Slash your sugar and salt intake – Ensure you are not indulging in too much of sugar OR salt, as you age. A minimal intake of both, will keep you away from the risk of various heart diseases, will keep your system clean and will help you perform better! Increased sugar levels might eventually alter your blood sugar levels and might alter the insulin response, leading to an increased risk of diabetes. On the other hand, increased salt intake definitely affects your blood pressure and also causes an increase of water retention in the body! Hence, keep your eyes open on your salt and sugar intake throughout the day.
Hence, these 5 simple GOLDEN RULES, could help you to live healthier, fitter, stronger and definitely will make you live MORE!!