Festive Season is about to begin and everyone wants to look their best on all the festivals. Be it your health, skin, hair or dress, you want everything to be perfect. What if we say that your skin needs extra care before the festive season so as to be prepared for the same? During festivals, you tend to put lot of make-up on your skin and also, due to heavy traffic on roads pollution level increases which is harmful for your skin & hair. Here are few TIPs that you must start from now so as to keep your skin healthy:
- Stay hydrated: The more you keep your body hydrated, the more youthful you will look. Drinking lots of water is the best way to do away with impurities in your skin, and eliminate waste and toxins from your system. You will get rid of any wrinkles and dryness, and your immune system will get a much-needed boost. So make sure you drink 8-10 glasses of water every day. You will have a well-moisturized, glowing and radiant skin.
- Avoid exposure to sun: Although shopping and celebrations are a big part of the festive season, it is best to avoid too much direct exposure to sunlight. The sun’s strong UV rays can damage your skin texture and make you look dull and tanned. When stepping out, carry an umbrella, apply sunscreen of SPF 45, wear sunglasses and full-sleeved clothes.
- Moisturize your skin: Now that you are hydrated from the inside, moisturizing your skin from the outside is equally important. Do not wash your face more than twice a day, as it may result in dryness. Additionally, apply a good herbal moisturizer to keep your skin soft and hydrated.
- This festive season no doubt your diary is already packed with social events, drinks with friends and family gathering, but dark circles are often the downside to all the fun you’ll be having. If you can’t pack enough beauty sleep into your busy routine then make sure you treat dark circles with a brightening and lifting eye cream.
- CTM is a must: One must do CTM – cleansing, toning, moisturizing once a day. You can opt milk for cleansing, a good toner as per your skin type and olive oil for moisturizing your skin.
- Try a detox: Skin dullness and pimples are often caused due to excessive accumulation of waste products and toxins inside the body. You can try a fresh lemon juice detox in the morning to get rid of these toxins. Also add lots of fruits in your diet to add extra glow to your skin.
- Hands & Feet: Take care of your hands and legs to look healthier. Apply proper moisturizer and sunscreen lotion and proper waxing. Shape your nails with pedicure and manicure.
- Say No to HOT water for bathing: Use warm water than Hot water for bathing as hot water leads to removal of skin oils which makes it dry & further leads to ageing of skin early.
Featured Image Source: typepad.com