Don't you have an Account with Us ? than sign up now using any of the way...
French Onion Soup Melt
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 thinly sliced into half-moons
- to taste
- Large pinch
- ½ cup
- 2 tsp
- 4 slices Tuscan bread
- 2 tsp
- 3 oz
Method of Preparation
- In a large sauté pan melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the onion trying to make a layer.
- Sprinkle over generously with salt and large pinch sugar.
- Sauté over low heat until the onions are tender and caramelized, about 25 min. Remember to stir continuously to prevent burning.
- Now add beef stock with thyme and cook on medium until the beef is almost completely absorbed but still a little soupy.
- Preheat the broiler and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Now brush 1 side of each bread slice with oil and season lightly with salt.
- Divide the Gruyere slices among the un-oiled sides of the bread.
- Top 2 of the slices with the onion mixture.
- Put the bread slices on the aluminum foil and broil until the cheese melts, approximately 3 minutes.
- To serve, top the onion slices with plain cheese slices.
Image Source: Kansascitymamas.com
- 10 min
- 30 min