Don't you have an Account with Us ? than sign up now using any of the way...
Orange Spiced Butter Cake
- 90 g + 55g
Method of Preparation
- For The Cake Batter -
- Heat up together milk , honey , 55 g sugar.
- Bring 90g sugar to caramalise to desired colour, stop cooking n add the above mixture and bring the temperature down to 20 degrees.
- Put this mixture in a machine bowl and add sifted flour, baking powder and spices and ginger.
- Add in the eggs then melted butter and then candied oranges.
- Put the mixture in the cake mold and bake for 15 mins at 180 degrees.
- Take out and make a cut length wise and let it go back in the oven for better cooking and further bake for 30-35 mins at 160 degrees until the skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake rest and cool well before unmolding.
- For the Chocolate Glazing -
- Melt the chocolate and glaze together and add in the oil , mix well (if needed use a hand blender and strain) add in the roasted nibs and use at 30-35 degrees.
- Coat in Chocolate
- When the cake is cool, unmold it and dip it into the chocolate glaze and keep aside till the chocolate sets.
- Decoration -
- Decorate with dehydrated oranges and whole spices.
- Points to Note -
- 1. Its important to let the cake be properly cooled before unmolding as it may break if hot.
- 2. Its advisable to make the cake batter 24 hours before and let it rest before baking as it tastes better.
- 3. This cake has a long shelf life.
- 4. Try to avoid hand blender for mixing oil and chocolate.
- Ideas/ Serving Suggestions/ Decorations -
- 1. The cake can also be coated with white chocolate.
- 2. Can add apples and pineapples too in the cake if you wish along with raisins and almonds.
- 3. Can also flavor the the cake with orange and Cointreau liquor.
- 4. Can decorate with dehydrated fruits.
- 5. Can insert a disc of flavoured marzipan to make it more rich.
- 30 mins (approx)
- Baking time 45 mins (excluding cooling time)