Don't you have an Account with Us ? than sign up now using any of the way...
Peppermint Pattie Pots de Creme
- 3 large
- 1 cup
- 1/2 tsp
- ½ tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 cups
- 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup
Method for preparation
- Preheat oven to 352⁰F. Put a kettle of water on to boil for a water bath.
- Place eight 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups in a roasting pan.
TO PREPARE CUSTARD
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and salt in a large bowl; set near the stove.
- Whisk ½ cup milk and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth.
- Heat the remaining 1½ cups milk and half-and-half in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until steaming hot.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the steaming milk and continue cooking, whisking constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, and 2 – 4 minutes.
- Gradually whisk the thickened milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Carefully pour the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a large measuring cup or heatproof pitcher.
- Evenly divide among the ramekins or custard cups. They will be about three-quarters full.
- Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the cups.
- Carefully transfer the roasting pan to the oven. Bake the custards until they are set but still jiggle a little bit, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven. Let the custards cool in the water bath to room temperature about 1 hour.
- Remove from the water bath and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour.
TO PREPARE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- Shortly before serving, heat evaporated milk in a small saucepan over medium-heat.
- Place chocolate chips and honey in a heatproof medium bowl.
- As soon as the milk starts to bubble, pour it over the chocolate chips and whisk until completely smooth, about 1 minute.
- Sift in cocoa powder and confectioners’ sugar while whisking; whisk until smooth.
- Divide the chocolate glaze among the custards, tilting each to cover it completely. Garnish with mint, if desired.
- 40 min
- 3 hr 30 min