I am sure till now we all have heard a lot about the “NO OIL” facts, the adverse effects of increased oil usage OR the fact that a “zero-fat” diet will lead to a healthy weight loss, etc etc!! Absolutely incorrect!!
To start with, let us first understand the exact usage of oil in our bodies. We do require some amount of oil for the following:
- Lining our important body organs – protecting the organs in the daily wear and tear of the body.
- During digestion – food molecules get mixed with fat and saliva for better digestion and assimilation.
- Smooth and shiny skin – add luster to dry and rough skin. Hence, most of the creams and beauty products have a good amount of oil in it.
- Improving body’s immunity to fight against free radicals – oxidation is a continuous process in the body. Lack of immunity makes the body more susceptible to various diseases!
- Adds palatability to our food – It is commonly seen that the oilier foods are tastier! The taste of every dish that lingers on your tongue is due to the oil that is used for cooking, making it richer and creamier!
- Sense of satisfaction after every meal – you usually eat till the last bit of your stomach is full!! All thanks to the oil content in the food that activate your nervous system at the end of every meal!!
When a particular component has so many health benefits, why would someone omit it from their lives completely????
The other side of the coin is that, too much oil consumption is definitely harmful for the body in the longer run. One has to be more careful of the usage and the type of oil! On a daily basis, a combination of MUFA and PUFA based oils are fine (sunflower, rice bran, mustard oil). Olive oil is one of the best options for salad dressings and stir frying!
Do Not Completely Omit Oil From Your Lives Or Else It Will Omit A Lot Of Things From Your Lives!