Using left over food is a great dilemma that almost every homemaker faces. May it be a bowl of rice of some veggies, leftover food needs to be used with great skills to make a fresh yummy food out of waste. So, instead of piling your refrigerator with leftover food, it’s time to use them wisely and get compliments on the new dishes. Here are 7 golden ways in which you can use left over rice and still enjoy their yummy taste.
- Rice salad: Add some red pepper, olives, pistachios, almonds and artichoke hearts to the rice. Add 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, a tsp of sherry wine vinegar and also a tsp of Dijon mustard. Mix well and eat this yummy rice salad. It surely won’t taste as a leftover.
- Soup-Rice Meal: Add the leftover rice into some soup. It will not only taste great, but also fill your tummy in a healthy way.
- Rice Pudding: Take the leftover rice in a bowl. For every 1 cup of rice, add 1 cup of vanilla flavored yogurt, 1 cup finely chopped apple or applesauce, handful raisins, 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix well and heat it thoroughly. For a richer taste, you can also add walnuts to it.
- Rice and Vegetables: Saute some of your favorite vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, red and green peppers, etc, and lay them over your leftover rice. Also add a handful of roasted nuts to enjoy a complete food.
- Pineapple-coconut Rice Breakfast: Add chunks of pineapple, almonds, banana, raisins and coconut milk to your blender. Blend the mix and have it with your leftover rice.
- Brown rice: Reheat your leftover brown rice and drizzle a tbsp of tamari on it. Also sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Wrap: Take a tortilla and add a spoonful of your leftover rice. Top it with salsa, kidney beans, black olives, chopped onions, 1 tbsp of low-fat yogurt or cheddar cheese. You may also add some avocado slices to finish it off. Roll the tortilla and microwave it for a perfectly healthy meal.