Don't you have an Account with Us ? than sign up now using any of the way...
Bhapa Doi Crème Brulee
Method of Preparation
- Hang the yoghurt in a muslin cloth for about 45 minutes to remove excess liquid.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160’
- Whip the hung yoghurt with the condensed milk.
- Gradually add the full cream milk.
- Add the rose water & Cardamom Powder.
- Layer the base of the Ramekins with chopped Pistachio.
- Pour the Yoghurt mixture into the Ramekins to about 2/3rds of the way up.
- Place these Ramekins in an oven tray and pour 1 inch of water around the Ramekins
- Bake at 160’ for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Chill for four hours.
- Sprinkle some Caster sugar on top of the baked yoghurt and caramelise with a blow torch until the sugar is crisp. Serve Immediately.
- Alternately, You can also caramelise the sugar by broiling it or baking it in a salamander.
Bhapadoi is a staple dessert in Bengali weddings and special festivals. For Poila Boishak or during the family gatherings after Durga Pujo, this dessert seems absolutely perfect to serve! It is light & refreshing for your taste buds. I’ve tweaked the classic recipe a little bit and given it a French twist. A typically Bengali dense baked yogurt now has a crunchy brûlée top!
- 45 minutes
- 1 hr