Don't you have an Account with Us ? than sign up now using any of the way...
Sweet Potato Mousse
- 200 gms
- 350 gms
- 1/2 cup
- 3 tbsp
- Less than a pinch
- 1 pinch
- 1 pinch
Method of Preparation
- Cut the sweet potatoes into big pieces and put them in the pressure cooker and cook on a slow flame till it whistle thrice. You can also boil them with lots of water in the vessel instead of pressure cooking them. The technique of cooking them in pressure cooker, ensures that the fibres of the vegetable are softer to an extent that it can give a smooth creamy texture without any efforts like straining through a sieve for getting the right texture.
- Once done, remove it from the gas and let it totally cool down. Once at room temperature, just peel the skin of the sweet potatoes.
- Heat the milk and add in it saffron strands to ensure that the mousse gets the best color and fragrance of saffron.
- Put the sugar in a blender and blend it once or twice, so it crushes into fine powder and can mix well with the other ingredients. To this, add sweet potatoes, curd and saffron milk. Blend it well till smooth.
- Take it out in the bowl and check the texture. If you feel the consistency is a little thick, you can add a little more milk and mix well.
- Add the cardamom and nutmeg powder and just give a stir.
- All you now have to do is just refrigerate it for 4-5 hours or till it is chilled properly.
- Serve in small shot glasses and garnish with just a few Saffron strands.
Image Courtesy: Heli Buch
- 30 mins
- 20 mins